of good ethical conduct and practice is summarised below. All Club Coaches, Officials and Volunteers must:-
· Consider the well being and safety of participants before the development of performance.
· Develop an appropriate working relationship with performers based on mutual trust and respect.
· Hold the appropriate, valid qualifications and insurance cover.
· Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part and ensure all
participants are suitably prepared physically and mentally when learning new skills.
· Display consistently high standards of behavior and appearance, dressing suitably and not using inappropriate language
at any time whilst involved with club activities.
· Never consume alcohol immediately before or during training or events.
· Obtain prior agreement from the parent/guardian of performers before transporting them anywhere (training/competitions).
· Never have performers stay overnight at your home.
· Never exert undue influence over performers to obtain personal benefit or reward.
· Always report any incidents, referrals or disclosures immediately, following the appropriate guidelines set out
in the BG Child Protection procedures.
· Never condone rule violations or use of prohibited substances.
· Make sure that confidential information is not divulged unless with the express approval of the individual concerned.
· Promote the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play).
· Encourage performers to value their performances and not just results.
· Follow all guidelines and policies laid down by British Gymnastics and Bolton Gym Club